Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"The Night You Got the News

Patrick Hammer Jr. created this awesome poem for my image "Messy Love." 





 The Night You Got the News

 I saw you leave the house,
 your head down, your face full
 of tears. I saw you

 wander lonely streets until
 you found a ragged metal
 wall full of rivets

 up the center.  I saw you
 slice open your finger,
 then another and

 another until your blood
 flowed as much as 
 your tears.  I saw you draw

 two hearts side by side and two  
 messages of   L O V E   like
 a double gift Robert Indiana.

 I saw you draw your
 breath and smear one heart
 with its message until

 they were just a bloody Rorschach.
 Then I saw you walk away 
 the night you got the news.


  — Patrick Hammer, Jr.


Poem inspired by the image Messy Love

Poem copyright Patrick Hammer, Jr. and may not be used without the permission of the poet.




“Messy Love”
Robert P. Langdon
Photography
14” x 11”

Image copyright Robert P. Langdon. Image may not be used without the permission of the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment